Tuesday, May 11, 2010

DJD

**Update: my mama {a former teacher, mind you} politely pointed out that the correct plural is motherS-in-law, and not mother-in-lawS. It is now corrected :)**

I have to be completely honest. I know I am lucky {blessed}. I've met other people's mothers-in-law, and some of them aren't so great... Mine is.

{this picture is from a shower a couple of years ago...
please excuse the distracting corsages}


She's a social worker, and she loves to practice on anybody and everybody. Never doubt that she is analyzing the meaning behind the words you're saying.

Her favorite phrases:
Now, how does that make you feel?
&
Everybody has to pull their own happy wagon.

I always wish I could have met her mother. {I know she was fabulous!}

She has a CRAZY shoe fettish. I can't even keep up with her shoe shopping - she's a pro ;)

She did an incredible job preparing her son for marriage. {She really did, except for grocery shopping - the first time we took Josh to stock his apartment, he was amazed at the invention of the turntable holding the grocery bags at checkout. age 23, folks}

Her testimony, her life, is nothing short of miraculous.

She has an uncanny ability to bake a bunch of cookies and not eat even one. Not one. I can't even fathom...

She calls the cute boys on American Idol "eye candy" haha

She went back to school in her 40s and got both her bachelor's and master's degrees. I'm impressed.

With both of us, what you see is what you get...every time. {I am so thankful that we truly enjoy spending time together because neither of us could fake it :) }

Happy Mother's Day {week} to Debbie D - I am so thankful for you!

No comments: