Thursday, September 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home: Dining Room

Home sweet home is just that right now - such a haven. It was not anywhere near that two years ago, as pictured below ;)


BEFORE




Have I mentioned the whole blood, sweat, and tears portion of a home renovation? Yes...I suppose I have. And the whole there is no real deadline for things to be done part? Hmmph. But I must say that sitting in our living room, completely relaxed, watching The Office with J while our puppies play tug-o-war with one of his socks, it was all worth it.


AFTER




I know that picture is a fairly cluttered view of the dining room {dining space is probably more accurate}, but I tried to take it from the same angle as the before picture. As you can see, we took out the wall between the kitchen and dining room, and it made a huge difference in the flow of the main living area. At some point, I would like to get a larger glass top for the dining table so that we can seat more than four at the table. Buuuuuut I'm still stuck on finding the perfect snuggly sectional, and that ranks way higher than a few extra seats for supper. ;)



We got our dining table at Bombay Company for 40% off before it closed. I l.o.v.e.(d) that store, and I especially loved that something was always 40% off. That's a LOT off.


Here is a close-up of the built-in. We did our best to keep it as close to its original condition as possible, with just a few spruce-ups to hide 75 years of wear and tear.




Welp, that's it! It is a small space, but I like to think of it as cozy. ;)

If you want to check out the rest of our Home Sweet Home, click HERE and enjoy!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful dining room Beth Ann! I love it, the color and the floors, it's all so pretty!

Cheri said...

Beth Ann, small world that you would post after mine. We were at your wedding and love your parents (former teachers of our SS class at ESBC). We live near Memphis now. Love your home!

Lindsey said...

i love the built in - you guys did a great job!

~SHO~ said...

Love those built-ins! So pretty!

Blessings~
QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

The built-in is great!

My aunt used to work at Bombay! Loved that place.

Debbie said...

Beautiful, and wow, big-time reno! The built-in is absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy your space!

Julee said...

Love your home and getting to see the renovations! I am sure its just precious! Maybe one day I can see it in person! Hope you are doing well!

Brittany said...

love the built in shelf!