Tuesday, June 22, 2010

KP

This is one of my favorite pictures of my father-in-law and one of my favorite memories all wrapped up in one little bunch of megapixels!






I am most thankful for the example he has set for Josh, but there is oh so much more to this man of eccentricity.

He is a pretty incredible artist. He does all sorts of different types {I know there is an artsy word for types, but I can't think of it at the moment} of art, but my favorite ones are his pen sketches and watercolor.

When he cooks, he just tosses in a bagillion ingredients and sees what happens...sometimes good, sometimes bad ;)

He is always my ally when there's something I really really really really want {i.e. a small pool in my backyard}!

He loves history and old family stories and making connections with people through mutual friends or family members. I guarantee he knows several people you know.

When he's being sassy, he calls whoever his sass is in reference to "honey darlin'" with a very country twang.

He knows the most random facts of anyone I know. The example that stands out in my mind is the spanish word for baby goat....knew it right off the top of his head.

He is on a historical building commission, and he has an unhealthy attachment to original features of historical buildings. If he thinks an elephant statue is original to a structure, he will fight to keep it.

He preaches quite a sermon. His approach to God's word is both honest and innovative, and I always learn from what he's teaching.

He is a soft hearted gem of a man, and I am so proud to be a member of his family!

Happy belated father's day to Kenny D!

No comments: